Sunday Funday/Denim on Denim






Sunday Funday, what's not love? Barbecues, beer and football. We went over to a friend's house to hang out, watch football and eat delicious grilled treats. I like to keep things casual when it comes to Sundays. My idea of a perfect outfit: a comfortable shirt, with of course the Dallas Cowboys on it to show my support (even though the game came on here at 2AM) and jeans are an obvious Sunday staple. I knew we'd be spending some time outside, so I put on my denim vest to add some edge, as well as add another layer to keep me warm. I wore my combat boots with leopard print and zippers to add a bit more texture and interest in my outfit and Basta, I'm finito!


Denim on denim is a HUGE trend right now with chambray shirts, jean jackets and jean vests coupled with a great pair of denim. Wanna know the secret on how to rock it? Don't match your denim. I personally enjoy a dark denim with the lighter of the two on top or one piece is destroyed, while the other is clean. Celebs like Rihanna, Jessica Alba and Olivia Palermo (my idol), completely rock this trend so well, doing exact as I stated before. It doesn't make it look sloppy or too country/edgy by doing this.








What I'm Wearing: 

Dallas Shirt, Victoria's Secret PINK (similar here) // Skinny Jeans, Levi's (similar here)// Denim Vest (actually a jean jacket from 2006 I cut the sleeves off of), America Eagle (similar here) // Skinny Studded Belt, Mango (similar here) // Combat Boots, kensiegirl (similar here or here


Connect with me on Twitter: @weekendmodeblog
Or Email me: weekendmodeblog@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment