Trendy Tips: Fall 2013 Nail Color

If you personally know me, you know I'm obsessed with nail polish. I own about 50+ polishes of various shade of almost every color. If I lived in America, I may even own more. A big part of me owning so many OPIs is that, I have great connections to the professional world of cosmetology, but that's a whole other blog post.

The two head betches in the nail polish world are OPI and Essie. Usually people are more favorable over one brand, but for me, whatever color I deem perfect for that season is mine. OPI has come out with their 12 piece fall collection, which is usually regionally themed, located in San Francisco this time around. While Essie has themed their 6 piece fall collection around a "textile-inspired palette".


Fall nails are my favorite nails of the entire year. Deep colors you can't pull off with your summer sundresses, you can 100% pull off with cozy sweaters and tall boots. This fall medium to dark, dark (almost black) blues, plumy blackberries to rich crimson reds and of course, the classic metallics (with a twist) are so, SO in. I'm literally painting my nails immediately after I hit publish to an Italian brand Bottega Verde in the color AND scented Mora, (which means blackberry) because I haven't gotten any from the new fall collections yet, I know the horror, right?!



My three favorites from each:


OPI
(in picture order)
Keeping Suzi at Bay
In the Cable Car-pool Lane
First Date at the Golden Gate

Essie
(in picture order)
After School Boy Blazer
For the Twill of It
Twin Sweater Set




No comments:

Post a Comment